The HACAS Friday luncheon club has been running since the formation of the Harrow African Caribbean Association in 1991. Members are drawn largely from the Black community in Harrow but people from all backgrounds in the local community are welcomed.
- Keep fit – Stay healthy and fresh
- Crafts – Fabric painting, Sewing, Knitting
- Games – Board Games & Dominoes
- Discussions – About all aspect of life here and back home
- Guest speakers – On age concern, fire safety, health, pensions, social services
- Trips out – Including seaside visits, Edinburgh Tattoo
- Friday lunch – A full Caribbean meal is cooked and served every Friday
Members of the Friday Club have scripted their own play and rehearsed local cultural songs and have performed at the Association’s Black History and other Social or Fundraising Events. Every Christmas Friday Club members enjoy a scrumptious Caribbean Christmas Lunch consisting of their favourite festive fare.