What we do best .
What we do best is “bring the community together”. Our Activity Day Centre/Luncheon Club Project was assisted with a grant last year from the National Lottery Awards-For-All Fund, which has helped us to expand the Keep Fit Classes with new Salsa Dance Lessons, as part of the community’s Well Being. “Community Awareness”: (1) “Windrush”: If you have suffered a loss because you could not demonstrate your lawful right to live in the UK, you may be able to claim compensation through the “Windrush Compensation Scheme”. This includes even if you could not prove your right to work, claim benefits or access services in the UK. For information on who is eligible and how to claim, visit gov.uk/windrush-compensation
The HACAS Friday luncheon club has been running since the formation of the Harrow African Caribbean Association in 1991. Members are drawn largely from the Black community in Harrow but people from all backgrounds in the local community are welcomed.
- Keep fit – Stay healthy and fresh
- Crafts – Fabric painting, Sewing, Knitting
- Games – Board Games & Dominoes
- Discussions – About all aspect of life here and back home
- Guest speakers – On age concern, fire safety, health, pensions, social services
- Trips out – Including seaside visits.
- Friday lunch – A full Caribbean meal is cooked and served every Friday
Members of the Friday Club have scripted their own play and rehearsed local cultural songs and have performed at the Association’s Black History and other Social or Fundraising Events. Every Christmas Friday Club members enjoy a scrumptious Caribbean Christmas Lunch consisting of their favourite festive fare.